The concepts of signals and systems are powerful tools for any engineer dealing with information bearing, measurable physical quantitites. Areas of applications include, among others, communications engineering, signal processing, control engineering, and systems engineering.
Contents of the module
- basic properties of discrete-time and continuous-time systems
- linear time-invariant systems, convolution integral
- Fourier transformation, discrete Fourier transformation, Fourier series
- sampling theorem
- probability theory, random variables and stochastic processes
- stochastic signals and linear time-invariant systems